Thursday, December 10, 2009

10th of December 09

Sanderson Contemporary Art Gallery - Auckland

New OuterEdge Project artist

Tonight meet OuterEdge Project artist Justin Jade Morgan and view his new installation, Studio, Thursday 10th December, 5.30pm - 7.30pm



Image above: Detail views of 'Studio' (courtesy of the artist).


Artist Statement – Justin Jade Morgan

My OuterEdge Project is about the tools used within my practice.

We often, as viewers or makers of an object, tend to address the presented piece and the processes that are driving the overall intent of the work.

But how often do we think about the tools that the artist/maker has used to construct?

By unpacking my current practice and diving further into my studio;
I intend to address and open up questions around the relationship between my tools, their function and their value.